Tuesday, May 14, 2013

SMARTY PLANTS

Light Grey Art Lab in Minneapolis have another great show opening this Friday that has been curated by Amy Ng of Pikaland! SMART featured a call for art that is clever, subtle, and thoughtful. Only a slightly daunting task....

I decided to apply figuring it would be a good challenge if I was accepted into the show (and also because Amy is awesome). I then proceeded to agonize over what I'd illustrate for weeks after being accepted into the show. Everything I thought of just seemed so contrived because I was thinking about it so hard. After flipping through some old sketchbooks I was finally inspired by a doodle I had done years ago. 

If you live in/near the Twin Cities, the opening reception is this Friday at 7! Prints are now available in their online shop.

I have to thank Lilly for the clever title of this illustration. Pun master.

Also, here is a silly doodle of how I imagine most participants in this show to have felt when they heard they made the cut...




2 comments:

  1. Goddammit Marisa, has someone who has seen you dance, that doodle COULD NOT BE more accurate. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheap nike free 3.0 thousand six hundred nike free 3.0 australia money. cheap took from his wallet four thousand six hundred and then pulled out a bright child slips grandmother's purse, secretly smile, took nike free 3.0 sale out a cheap nike free 3.0 wad of bills and said grandmother older, were you beaten, compensation cheap nike free 3.0 for cheap nike free 3.0 medical expenses and mental damages totaling five thousand yuan.

    ReplyDelete