Monday, July 9, 2012

YIP YIP!

I seem to have been bitten by the fanart bug lately, which I am ok with. Pokémon and Arrested Development, now Avatar! This was my contribution to the Avatar edition of the Character Redesign Project on the Ten Paces and Draw blog. This awesome series has been spearheaded by the wonderful Natalie Andrewson and has included so many great themes already (Kill Bill, Wes Anderson, The Avengers, Game of Thrones, to name a few). It is pretty much an opportunity for us illustrators to nerd out about our favourite pop culture characters.   

When I saw the Avatar redesign posted, I knew I had to participate. Truth be told, I really chose Aang just so I could draw Appa and Momo. You can see the rest of the Avatar redesigns right here. And be sure to keep your eyes on the blog for future redesigns! There are some kick ass themes coming up (seriously, it was very hard not to sign up for every single one).

No comments:

Post a Comment